Remember Well – Football Memories Festival
Posted 13 September, 2012
Fir Park Stadium
Sunday 7th October 2012
Drop in between 1pm – 4pm
Make Your Own History
Motherwell FC has 125 years of proud history and we can all share in that history and be part of it. We want to celebrate and capture those memories at the Football Memories Festival. Come along to this free event for football fans of all ages and make some new memories of your own:
- Meet former MFC legends
- Bring your camera and have your picture taken with former players and around the stadium such as dressing room, in the dug out, pitch side and with some historic silverware.
- Go on free stadium tours.
- Watch historic film from big games over the decades and hear from the players involved.
- Take part in competitions and games.
Support Your Fellow Supporters – and Win!
In coming and having fun on the day you will be helping your fellow football fans. We will be launching ‘Remember Well’, which is a Football Memories Programme aimed at using our strong football heritage to improve the lives of people with dementia. Just like you, people with dementia remember their first game, favourite player, favourite goal and we all love to share those experiences. We want to use those memories, and we need your help. On the day people are invited to:
- Bring any football memorabilia such as programmes, football tops, badges, press cuttings or your own pictures for us to take a copy and keep in the archives – we give you back your original. Anyone who brings any memorabilia on the day will receive a free ticket for a future match.
- Share your own memories of football. We would love to capture your memories in writing, video or audio. Making you part of that history.
- Get involved with Remember Well either as a volunteer or someone who would like to participate. There are great opportunities to become involved in the programme as a volunteer including free access to matches, free MFC Community Trust kit and most importantly a chance to make a difference to someone else’s life.
Don’t sit on the sidelines, come along on the day
For further information contact:
Norrie Gallagher, Remember Well Volunteer Co-ordinator, Old Town Hall High
Road, Motherwell, ML1 3HU, 01698 275300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org