Volunteers for Events in Central Scotland required
We are looking for Events volunteers to assist a busy and vibrant events team by attending events while meeting and greeting Alzheimer Scotland supporters.
The Fundraising Department is responsible for voluntary income generation by a variety of means. Events are one of the key areas for raising income and we do this through encouraging participants to raise funds through a variety of challenge events across Scotland and also local and community fundraising events.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To assist at a variety of fundraising events based in central Scotland.
Tasks include: Welcoming and taking participants names, giving out leaflets and information, thanking supporters and issuing goody bags
Events include: Edinburgh Marathon Festival; Edinburgh Half Marathon; Great Scottish Run; Glasgow Women’s 10k; and Challenge Scotland Summer and Winter events to name but a few.
- To help set up the charity stall and cheer on event participants who are raising funds for Alzheimer Scotland. You will help Alzheimer Scotland staff set up and dismantle the charity stall with leaflets, information and other branded merchandise; be speaking to the participants before and after the event, taking photos of participants, congratulating them and generally recognising the hard work they have put into fundraising.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties requested of the volunteer on the day
Will the role be suitable for you?
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to gain knowledge and experience of events management, especially in the busy world of fundraising, while working with Scotland’s leading dementia charity.
No special qualifications or experience needed. The role will be ideal for you if:
- You are enthusiastic about charity fundraising within the local community
- You have experience of outdoor charity events
- You enjoy volunteering as part of a team
- You are a friendly and welcoming individual
- You are looking for experience in the events industry
- You are keen to support Alzheimer Scotland and our fundraisers
For more information please contact:
- Sponsored and Community Events fundraiser:
- Martin Quigley
- 0131 243 1453
Please contact the above for a general discussion on volunteer opportunities or to request printed forms.